ISO 14000 Introduction
Get to know what ISO 14000 is and decide if it is
right for your company with this half-day introduction
program. Course Outline
On the way to effective and proactive
environmental management systems
- Current situation within the US regulatory
What is ISO 14000?
- General introduction
- Parts of an effective environmental management
- Background on ISO
- Contents of ISO 14000
- Current status
Environmental Management Systems Standard -
- Environmental policy
- Implementing and operation
- Checking and corrective action
- Management review
- Environmental auditing
- Environmental performance evaluation
- Life-cycle assessment
- Environmental labeling
What are the benefits of an effective EMS?
ISO 14000 in the global marketplace -
comparison to the other standards and guidelines
- EMAS - European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme
Certification - is it important for you?
Integrating environmental issues in a quality
- Comparison to ISO 9000
- The synergy of integration within ISO 9000
EPA and regulatory perspective on ISO 14000
American and European survey results.